Directions & Parking
641 D Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
View Larger Map
Woolly Mammoth is located in the bustling Penn Quarter neighborhood on D Street between Oyamel and Rasika restaurants, around the corner from TicketPlace, and down the street from Shakespeare Theatre Company's Lansburgh theatre. We are two blocks north of the National Archives and National Gallery of Art and two blocks south of the Verizon Center and the Smithsonian American Art Museum/Portrait Gallery.
- Take the Yellow or Green line to Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter. Get off at 7th Street and Indiana Avenue, walk up 7th Street about a block, turn right on D Street, and you will see us.
- Take the Red, Yellow, or Green lines to Gallery Place-Chinatown. Get off at the 7th and F Street exit, walk two blocks down 7th Street (toward The National Museum of Crime and Punishment), and turn left onto D Street, you will see us immediately on your left.
- Check train schedules here
- The 70, 71, D1, D3, and D6 buses stop at the corner of 7th Street and E Street. Get off of the bus, walk south on 7th Street (toward Jaleo), continue 1 block and turn left on D Street, we are immediately on your left.
- The P1, P2, P6, 13A, 13B, 13F, 13G, and 54 buses stop at 7th Street & Pennsylvania Ave. Head north on 7th Street toward Indiana Ave. (you will see the Metro stop for Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter-Gallery Place). Walk about 2 blocks and turn right onto D Street, we are on the left.
- Not all of these buses have the same route for both directions, so please use WMATA's Trip Planner here.
There is limited metered street parking in the Penn Quarter near Woolly Mammoth, in addition to the following parking garages:
- LAZ, 325 7th St. NW (entrance is on D Street, directly across from the theatre). Open late during Woolly productions, $10 evening rate when you mention you’re going to Woolly.
Mobility-impaired patrons, please be aware: LAZ shuts off its elevators on the weekends. Mobility-impaired patrons who wish to use this garage should ask the attendant to park their car in the garage for them. Other options include the Interpark garage at 616 E St. NW which offers an elevator that lets out onto 7th St. opposite The Shakespeare Theatre.
- Interpark, 616 E St NW. Open until 11pm Sunday - Friday and 1am Saturday, $9/hour (maximum $20).
- Interpark Liberty Place, 325 7th St. NW. Open late during Woolly productions.
- Colonial Parking, 601 Pennsylvania Ave (entrance at 6th & C). Open until midnight Monday - Saturday and until 11 pm Sunday, $10 flat evening and weekend rate.*
Garage prices and hours subject to change without notice
From Virginia via I-395: When crossing the river bear left towards the 14th Street exit. Follow 14th Street, until Constitution Avenue and take a right. Turn left on 6th Street and another left onto D Street NW. (Note, earlier directions indicated the 12th Street Exit, which is currently closed for construction.)
From Virginia via I-66: Take I-66 into the District when it becomes US-50. Turn left onto 7th St NW. Turn right onto D St NW.
From Bethesda, Rockville, Potomac and points west: Reach Wisconsin Ave., NW via either Interstate 270 and River Road or Rockville Pike (which becomes Wisconsin Ave.) Remain on Wisconsin Ave. until reaching Massachusetts Ave., NW just south of the National Cathedral. Take Massachusetts all the way to 9th St. Turn right on 9th. Turn left on D St.
From Rt. 50, Baltimore and points east: Reach New York Ave., NE via either Rt. 50, I95 or the Baltimore Washington Parkway. Remain on New York Ave. all the way downtown to 6th St., NW. Turn left on 6th St. Turn right on D St.
Woolly's award-winning theatre
Kimberly Gilbert in Fever/Dream (2009)
Nick Vienna and Jessica Frances Dukes in Antebellum (2009)